Our intention is to help our guests create beautiful memories while staying at Barnfield House Kent. For us to do so, we would truly appreciate it if you can follow these house rules and rental conditions. In these terms and conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means the lead guest and all people named on the booking form and in the holiday group. ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Philip and Jenny Bigio, owners of Barnfield House Kent.
This Short-Term Rental Agreement will be between Philip and Jenny Bigio and the lead guest. It will be entered into when the booking has been confirmed, the deposit (or full amount if the booking is made less than 60 days prior to date of arrival) has been processed, and a ‘confirmation of reservation’ email has been sent by the homeowners. The agreement is made on the understanding that Barnfield House is to be occupied for the agreed dates only, for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988; no assured shorthold tenancy is being formed, and no statutory periodic tenancy will start at the end of the agreed letting period.
The lead guest booking the property will be responsible for the obligations and conditions of the booking.
The number of people occupying the property must not exceed 10, and their names must be disclosed as part of the booking process. Use of the property, facilities and grounds by anyone not named on the booking form, including day visitors, is expressly forbidden without prior permission from the homeowners and may result in an additional charge or immediate termination of the contract. If more people than named attempt to stay, your right to occupy the property may be forfeited without compensation.
As the lead guest, you must be over 21, and must be part of the group staying at Barnfield House. You will be responsible for the obligations and conditions of the booking.
Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
Barnfield House will be available from 4pm on the agreed date of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on the greed date of departure. (NB: if no booking immediately follows yours we can often be flexible.)
In order to have a booking confirmed, and secure the property for the stipulated dates, you must complete a booking form and make a deposit payment. For rentals beginning more than 60 days after the date of your booking request, a deposit of 50% of the total booking is payable; the balance of the rental plus the security deposit and cleaning fee is to be paid no later than 60 days before the arrival date. If the balance is not received on or before the due date, we reserves the right to cancel the booking and re-let the property; the deposit shall not be refunded. For bookings made less than 60 days prior to the date of arrival, the total rental amount is payable in full at the time of booking. Payment may be made by direct bank transfer, or by credit card.
The 50% initial payment required for you to secure the booking is non-refundable. If the booking is cancelled in writing up to 60 days before the date of arrival, any additional money already paid (ie the 2nd 50% payment and the security deposit) will be returned. A cancellation made within 60 days of arrival, or changes that result in a shortened stay, will forfeit the full payment.
The security deposit of £250 is fully refundable within one week of departure. Normally, we do not charge for minor breakages, but in circumstances where extra cleaning is required or there has been breakage or damage beyond what is reasonably to be expected, we reserve the right to charge you for any additional costs incurred as a consequence, and retain this from the security deposit. So the security deposit is returned on the understanding that: there is no damage to the property, contents, bedlinen and grounds beyond fair wear & tear; any items that are damaged or lost are replaced (like for like) or paid for – we do not charge for minor breakage e.g. the odd glass or two; rubbish, recycling and food-waste are properly separated and placed in the appropriate bins; the barbecue, if used, is fully cleaned out; the wood burning stove, if used, is fully cleaned out; furniture and items, if used, are returned to wherever they were found at the start of your stay; no additional cleaning beyond the normal ‘wipe clean and vacuum’ is required; and all sets of keys are returned to their correct stowage. In such cases where the security deposit is insufficient to cover the repair, replacement or loss as a result of damage caused during your stay, we do reserve the right to charge you for additional costs; in which case we will issue an invoice for the additional amount, to be paid within seven days.
We advise you to arrange insurance cover in case of potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at Barnfield House. We are not able to provide refunds due to health issues, weather, road conditions or travel delays and cannot be held liable for any cancellation costs incurred by you in the event of your cancelling your holiday with us.
We cannot accept responsibility for losses or damage caused by events beyond our control such as industrial disputes, airport or port closures, fire, flood and other natural disasters.
Barnfield House is provided on a self-catering basis. As a courtesy to save you having to shop straight away, we provide sufficient toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid and liquid hand soap for your initial use. We also provide cleaning equipment.
Barnfield House is cabled for broadband and a wifi/Ethernet hub is installed; this service is included in the rental rate.
Electricity, gas, water and central heating are included in the rental rate.
Bedding –duvets, duvet covers, fitted sheets, pillows, pillowcases — as well as towels, bathmats, and tea towels are provided. The beds are made up, ready to sleep in, for the guest’s arrival.
- Barnfield House is a privately-owned home, and is very precious to us; for the duration of your booking, you are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of it, leaving the house and its contents tidy, in the same condition as on arrival.
- While Barnfield House is a family oriented and child-friendly home, children must be under active supervision by a parent or guardian. You must accept full responsibility for their safety at all times, within the house and in the gardens.
- Please take care of your own items during your stay; your personal belongings, valuables and vehicles (together with their contents) are left at Barnfield House entirely at your own risk.
- You are responsible for the replacement cost of all breakages and damage that may be incurred during the rental period.
- The use of the house, grounds and facilities is entirely at your risk; we are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
- You agree follow the house rules, and guidelines found in the Guest Information Pack provided on arrival.
- NO SMOKING — Smoking is strictly prohibited inside Barnfield House, so we can maintaining a fresh and healthy environment. This includes e-cigarettes. The security deposit will be forfeited if evidence of smoking is detected (e.g. paraphernalia or smell). If you feel the need to smoke, please do so in the garden and at a reasonable distance from the house so smoke doesn’t drift in through the windows, and make sure you clear up all butts.
- NO PETS — Barnfield House is pet-free and dogs are not permitted. If a dog is taken to the property, guests will be asked to leave immediately without compensation.
- NO PARTIES — Barnfield House is not an event house and no parties can take place (refer to maximum occupancy above).
- RESPECT — Please be considerate of our neighbours, especially with noise levels at night. We want to keep them as friends!
- Do not undertake any illegal activity on the property, or any actions which may damage our reputation
- Be mindful of fire safety at all times by proper use of wood burner, range cooker and BBQ and by not leaving any naked flames unattended
Non-compliance with these conditions may result in the immediate cancellation of the rental mid-term without compensation.